While the current environment of once-again eased restrictions offers room for improvement in Q2 2021, the property market is expected to put in a mixed performance for the duration of the year while pandemic-related uncertainties persist.
- The total volume as of Q1 2021 was 80,694, with a value of RM 32.12 billion
- There were 3 types of development in construction done in Q1 2021 – residential (landed and high rise), service apartments and commercial units (shops).
- A total of 17,550 units have been completed, 40,766 have started and 15,181 in the planning.
Malaysian House Price Index
- While the average price of the property types (terraced, high rise, semi-detached, detached) has decreased between -0.1% to -0.8%, the numbers are still strong compared to Q4 2020.
What to look forward to in Q2 2021?
- The HOC extension in 2021 means that buyers still have access to attractive financing incentives.
- The rise of affordable homes priced at RM500,000 and below are expected to dominate the market in the coming months.
- The various major infrastructure projects, be it completed or in the progress – the East Klang Valley Expressway, the Rapid Transit System, Kulai Iskandar Data Exchange projects in Johor, the East Coast Rail Link and Pan Borneo Highway in East Malaysia.
- The growing tech evolution in the property sector – offering more solutions to the property selection and decision-making process for home seekers.
Would you like to invest in Malaysia, a growing potential and the choice of many? IQI Global is your answer!
Let us help you with your investment needs. Fill in your details below, and we will be in touch!