[UPDATED 18 MARCH 2021]
The Latest Announcement; Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced the launching of Program Strategik Memperkasa Rakyat dan Ekonomi (PEMERKASA) worth RM20 billion to lessen the burden of the nation while stimulating the country’s economy. Click to find out more!
B40, M40, T20. Everyone has heard of these income-related terms before, either from the 2020 Malaysia Budget or through the recent economic revitalization measures announced by our Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin.
However, do you know what the letters in front of B40/M40/T20 mean? And where do the numbers come from?
According to the 2019 statistics in Malaysia, our government classified our population into three main groups based on their household income: Bottom (low income), Medium (average income), and Top (high income). These three groups had 40%, 40% and 20%, respectively, thus creating the terms B40, M40, T20.
- B40 (Represents the Bottom 40% – low-income earners)
- Bottom tier income earners account for 40% of the country’s total income
- Bottom tier families have an income of less than RM4850
- M40 (Represents the Medium 40% – average income earners)
- Medium tier income earners account for 40% of the country’s total income
- Medium tier families have an income of between RM4850 to RM10959
- T20 (Represents the Top 20% – top income earners)
- Top tier income earners account for 20% of the country’s total income
- Top tier families have an income higher than RM10959
The B40, M40, and T20 income groups are further classified according to the 2019 Malaysia Statistics. Take a look at the table below!
Kita Prihatin – BPN2.0
After the Malaysian government announced the extension of The Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) till the end of the year, they launched “Bantuan Prihatin Nasional 2.0″ (BPN 2.0), a part of the “Kita Prihatin” economic stimulus package, on September 23rd at 2.30 pm.
Prime Minister Muhyiddin announced the below benefits to these groups:
|· RM1000 for B40 families
(Benefits 3.7 Million families)
|· RM500 for B40 single Malaysians
(Benefits 3.8 Million individuals)
|· RM600 for M40 families
(Benefits 1.4 Million families)
|· RM300 for M40 single Malaysians
(Benefits 1.4 Million individuals)
The government will distribute the cash aid to eligible Malaysians in two phases: RM700 at the end of October 2020 and RM300 in January 2021.
Furthermore, the 10.6 million eligible Malaysians will not have to register for the “Kita Prihatin” cash aid and automatically receive it from the government!
Check more on https://bpn.hasil.gov.my/.
Here are a few incentives to benefit those in the B40/M40/T20 groups;
- From the success of the PenjanaKerjaya 2.0, RM300 million will be allocated to benefit 60,000 where each will receive RM600 and temporary or gig workers will receive RM200 for the next 6 months.
- Through the National Employment Council, they will create 500,000 job opportunities.
- Starting May 2021, receivers of Bantuan Prihatin Rakyat (BPR) will receive a subsidy of RM300 for households with children still in schooling, for the purchase of smart devices.
- MyDIGITAL and Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation introduced the 5G services, needed to inspire innovation and new job opportunities will start operating by the end of the year.
- The governemnt will provide a one-off financial aid of RM500 to those in the B40 category who has lost their jobs and an additonal RM500 to receivers of BPR with income of RM1,000 and below.
- The mySalam incentive has benefited over 70,000 people from the B40 category. Thus the scheme has been improved by providing an allocation of RM50 during the 14 day home quaratine to those affected, which supported documentation from a Medical Officer.
Did you hear that? You can become a REN for only RM188!
IQI Global is having a #MarchtoVictory campaign to cultivate on your future success!
What are you waiting for? Grab the opportunity TODAY!