[UPDATED 28 JUNE 2021]
The Latest Announcement; Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced the PEMULIH plan worth RM150 billion to lessen the nation’s burden while stimulating the country’s economy. Click to find out more!
B40, M40, T20. Everyone has heard of these income-related terms before, either from the 2020 Malaysia Budget or through the recent economic revitalization measures announced by our Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin.
However, do you know what the letters in front of B40/M40/T20 mean? And where do the numbers come from?
According to the 2019 statistics in Malaysia, our government classified our population into three main groups based on their household income: Bottom (low income), Medium (average income), and Top (high income). These three groups had 40%, 40% and 20%, respectively, thus creating B40, M40, T20.
- B40 (Represents the Bottom 40% – low-income earners)
- Bottom tier income earners account for 40% of the country’s total income
- Bottom tier families have an income of less than RM4850
- M40 (Represents the Medium 40% – average income earners)
- Medium tier income earners account for 40% of the country’s total income
- Medium tier families have an income of between RM4850 to RM10959
- T20 (Represents the Top 20% – top income earners)
- Top tier income earners account for 20% of the country’s total income
- Top tier families have an income higher than RM10959
The B40, M40, and T20 income groups are further classified according to the 2019 Malaysia Statistics. Take a look at the table below!
Through the announcement by the Prime Minister, YAB Muhyiddin Yassin, the government will assist the people through PEMULIH or the People and Economic Protection Package.
To the people, two focuses will help ease their burden during this difficult time.
1.Meneruskan agenda prihatin rakyat
The government will channel cash aid to the people amounting to 10 billion ringgit. Direct Cash Assistance includes:
- Bantuan Prihatin Rakyat (BPR):
RM500 for July starting 29 June and RM100 – RM1,400 in September.
- Bantuan Khas Covid-19 (BKC):
Payment RM500 August, RM500 November and RM300 December.
RM200 August, RM300 NovemberB40
Payment RM500 August, and RM300 December.
Payment RM200 AugustM40
Payment RM250 August
Payment RM100 August
- Bantuan Kehilangan Pendapatan (BKP)
RM500 in October to 1 million people affected
- Job hunting allowance
Through myfuturejobs allowance of RM300
2. Menyokong perniagaan
- Geran Khas Prihatin 4.0 (GKP)
Registration mid-July https://gkp.hasil.gov.my/. RM500 September and RM500 November.
- Program Subsidi Upah (PSU 4.0)
To aid 500 employees by all employers.
Employers can apply aid for employees and no salary cap
RM600 each employee throughout 4 months
Withdrawal KWSP RM5,000. RM1,000 a month. Application opens 15 July at icitra.kwsp.gov.my. The first payment receives in August.
- Moratorium six months to those in B40, M40 or T20, and micro-businesses. Apply and guaranteed approval. Application opens 7 July at all banks.
Kita Prihatin – BPN2.0
After the Malaysian government announced the extension of The Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) till the end of the year, they launched “Bantuan Prihatin Nasional 2.0″ (BPN 2.0), a part of the “Kita Prihatin” economic stimulus package, on September 23rd at 2.30 pm.
Prime Minister Muhyiddin announced the below benefits to these groups:
|· RM1000 for B40 families
(Benefits 3.7 Million families)
|· RM500 for B40 single Malaysians
(Benefits 3.8 Million individuals)
|· RM600 for M40 families
(Benefits 1.4 Million families)
|· RM300 for M40 single Malaysians
(Benefits 1.4 Million individuals)
The government will distribute the cash aid to eligible Malaysians in two phases: RM700 at the end of October 2020 and RM300 in January 2021.
Furthermore, the 10.6 million eligible Malaysians will not have to register for the “Kita Prihatin” cash aid and automatically receive it from the government!
Check more on https://bpn.hasil.gov.my/.
Here are a few incentives to benefit those in the B40/M40/T20 groups;
- From the success of the PenjanaKerjaya 2.0, RM300 million will be allocated to benefit 60,000 where each will receive RM600, and temporary or gig workers will receive RM200 for the next 6 months.
- Through the National Employment Council, they will create 500,000 job opportunities.
- Starting May 2021, Bantuan Prihatin Rakyat (BPR) receivers will receive a subsidy of RM300 for households with children still in schooling to purchase smart devices.
- MyDIGITAL and Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation introduced the 5G services needed to inspire innovation, and new job opportunities will start operating by the end of the year.
- The government will provide a one-off financial aid of RM500 to those in the B40 category which has lost their jobs and an additional RM500 to receivers of BPR with an income of RM1,000 and below.
- The mySalam incentive has benefited over 70,000 people from the B40 category. Thus the scheme has been improved by allocating RM50 during the 14 day home quarantine to those affected, which supported documentation from a Medical Officer.
Did you hear that? You can become a REN for only RM188!
IQI Global is here to cultivate your future success!
What are you waiting for? Grab the opportunity TODAY!