To buy a home or a car, people generally have to apply for loans. There are a few things you have to prepare for you to have a higher chance in successfully applying for a loan, like a CCRIS report! Below are some quick facts about it.
What is a CCRIS report?
Central Credit Reference Information System (CCRIS) is a short report compiling of all your bank credit/loans. Created and managed by the Credit Bureau of Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM), this report is critical when assessing your loan eligibility.
Where does BNM collect the credit data from?
From all the participating financial institutions that you have borrowed from:
- Businesses (sole proprietors and partnerships)
- Professional bodies
- Government entities
- Banks (all licensed commercial banks, Islamic banks, investment banks, development financial institutions, insurance companies, payment instrument issuers, rehabilitation companies, building societies, credit leasing companies, government agencies)
On a regular basis, the above financial institutions will provide to the Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) the below information:
- Borrower’s details – name, IC/Business registration number, birth date, address, etc.
- Credit application details – amount borrowed, date of application, type of facility
- Credit account details – type of credit facilities, credit limit, outstanding balance, installment amount, conduct of account and legal action status (if any)
After compiling the relevant data, the CCRIS report will display the borrower’s:
- Outstanding Credit
- Special Attention Account(s): All outstanding credit facilities under close supervision of the participating financial institutions.
- Application(s) for Credit: All applications approved in the previous 12 months and pending applications for the borrower.
It is a false misconception that the CCRIS report only contains negative credit information. The report only contains credible and factual data provided by the participating financial institutions, and does not blacklist any individuals.
Want to know more about the Home Ownership Campaign 2020? Now is the chance you can own your dream home!
In this CCRIS report, you can look through all your payment records with the bank. As a matter of fact, if your records display ‘0’, it means that you have paid by or before the due date. Likewise, if it displays ‘1’, it means that you paid late by a month and ‘2’ if the payment was late by two months, and so on.
How do you get the CCRIS report?
With the rising wave of technology, Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) has introduced an online platform for individuals to get their CCRIS reports, through an eCCRIS portal. To register:
- Go to a BNM or AKPK branch to register if you are a first timer.
- Bring along the below documents for verification:
- Individual: MyKad.
- Company: Authorization letter and Company Registration Certificate.
After you have successfully registered,
- A 6-digit temporary PIN will be sent to your registered phone number.
- Head over to the eCCRIS website and click First Time Login. Put in your MyKad number and the 6-digit temporary PIN. Follow the instructions provided to complete your registration.
Sometimes, different banks require more than one financial report for evaluation. Therefore, you can head to another 2 credit reporting agencies that BNM has given the right to collect credit information from: CTOS Data Systems Sdn Bhd and Experian Information Services (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd (formerly known as RAM Credit Information Sdn Bhd.).
By having a firm understanding on your finances through your CCRIS report, you can definitely take the necessary actions and successfully secure a loan.
Have more questions about your loan to secure your dream property? Our professional agents are here to ease your process! Drop your information down below for us to assist you in all your real estate enquiries.