Find the right Visa
There are a lot of different work visas in Canada and you have to make sure that you choose the right one.
Depending on your citizenship or the economic program you use, you can sometimes enter Canada without a job offer.
To find out what visa to take, you need to find the right visa for you.
To get you started; here are the three most popular visas:
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program
- The IEC Program
Knowing that you’re suitable to apply for any Canadian Visa is a crucial step in completing your immigration.
Taking any of these assessments can allow you to know whether you meet the requirements to apply for your selected work visa or not.
The procedure of getting a visa goes as followed:
- Visit CIC Website and create MyCIC Account
- Have a camera / scanner so you can send your electronic copies of the documents as you would require uploading the same while applying online.
- Have a valid credit card for the payment
Canada Permanent Residence
Canada Permanent Residence is granted to foreigners who immigrate to the country legally.
Permanent residents, of course, do have more rights than visitors,
but not all the rights of a Canadian citizen since they are still residents of their own countries.
Permanent residents and their wards have certain rights and obligations:
- the right to receive social benefits that Canadian citizens receive
- the right to live, work or study anywhere in the country
- the right to apply for Canadian citizenship
- the obligation to pay taxes
- the obligation to respect all Canadian laws at the federal and local level
However, there are certain restrictions associated with permanent residence. Permanent residents are not allowed to:
- Vote or run for political office.
- Work at certain institutions that require a high-level security clearance.
- Remain in the country if they are convicted of a serious criminal offence and ordered to leave the country.
The Permanent Resident Card is a proof of legal status.
New immigrants receive permanent residency card within four weeks of arriving in Canada.
The Permanent Resident Card is valid for 5 years.
Landed immigrants need it when they return to Canada after travelling abroad.